This past weekend things were a little crazy in the Marshall household. Austin is getting so big and he makes so many plans that, sadly, don't involve me as more than a ride to and from wherever it is he wants to go. This past weekend he made plans with his grandfaterh to go hunting Saturday morning and that involved a sleep over because they get up so early. So, since he was gone, I went to my favorite event at the zoo, Feast with the Beasts!
This is a fun evening of wine tasting, food sampling and music! Ryan, Jessica, Milton & I went and we really had a great time. The animals are so much more active at night and it is fun to watch them play. We didn't get around to too many of the restaurant booths because we kept getting lost...it's sorta tricky in there at night...but we found the mini-bundt cakes and feasted on those! My favorite was teh Pumpkin Spice...and they are the cutest little things...so fun to get away from the cupcakes, even though I love those too! Check it out: Nothing Bundt Cakes. I ran into a lot of people there that I know and it was such beautiful weather.
Saturday was work out day. I was at the gym, with a headache from the wine the night before by 11:00AM. I have to say, Desmond was right...I did feel better once I got over the hump. I was supposed to work for one of my rodeo committee's that afternoon, but they cancelled it. I was more than happy to go home and catch up on laundry and watch Water for Elephants. I read the book, but some how missed the movie. I say somehow, but I know how...the movie sucked! I really enjoyed the book, but the movie was just so hokey! I was not a fan!
Later that night I had dinner with Ryan, Adam, Kerry, Eli & Karrie. They brought their little girls and we had Indian food. I had never had Indian food before...and I have to say...It's not my favorite! I don't think I would want to go back. It was a really strange deal. Everything looked the same and I was just not too impressed. Maybe it was the restaurant, but I'm just not sure. This evening ended early because I am feeling older than I really am!
SUNDAY!!!! Another busy day, but this was the day I was looking forward to the most of the weekend! We got up early and went to church. As soon as it was over we headed to Reliant Stadium to watch the Houston Texans beat up the Browns!! What a great game! And I was so excited that Austin was there with us to enjoy. He had a GREAT time and even liked hanging with his dumb old mom!!










No comments:
Post a Comment